Fitness Inc. ANNUAL STRONGMAN CLASSIC
History of the Strongman Classic
As with many things, what began as a small idea has grown into a big deal.
Fitness Inc.’s Strongman Classic, held annually during Sam Steele Days every June started in 2004 with a fleeting idea and a lot of heart… then came the help of two strong men.
Grant McReynolds and Cory Gillespie were competitors in other Strongman events across the country and internationally. They responded to the need for official judges for Cranbrook’s event and in doing so, shared their knowledge, allowing Fitness Inc. to host their first annual amateur competition, complete with the ever-popular semi-truck pull.
Today, the Strongman Classic is a cornerstone of Sam Steele Days, with competitors and spectators alike enjoying the day while taking part in an exciting show. The Strongman Classic is also a fundraiser, always in support of Cranbrook’s chapter of the BCSPCA; major sponsors like Aaron’s, Trickle Creek Golf Resort, Mountain Spirit Resort and Happy Duck Sprinkler Systems are huge contributors to the event, donating the raffle prizes. Between the support of these local businesses and the community, Fitness Inc. has been overjoyed to donate more than $20,000 to the BCSPCA in the last seven years.
Fitness Inc. extends gratitude and thanks to all the people involved in the event, from the sponsors to the competitors, from the volunteers to the spectators. Such an endeavor is only possible through the support and hard work of those committed to putting on and improving the Strongman Classic!
2019 Event List and Order: All Events Head to Head.
1) Truck Pull: 100-foot Harness – 42,000 KG 90 second time limit.
2) Conan’s Wheel: 350 pounds. No time limit.
3) Hercules Hold: No time limit.
4) Atlas Stones: 240, 260, 300, 335, 365 & 400. Fastest time wins. 90 seconds
5) Farmer’s Walk: 175 pounds for 100 feet then 200 pounds for 100 feet. 90 seconds
6) Medley: 150-pound shield press for 3 reps / pre-loaded 375 pound drag for 50 feet / Power Stairs with 250, 300- & 350-pound implements. Two-minute time limit.
1) Truck Pull: 100-foot Harness – 21,000 KG. 90 second time limit.
2) Zercher Yoke Carry: 250 pounds for 100 feet. 90 second time limit.
3) Shield Press followed by Keg Press: Shield will weigh 75 pounds and will be pressed for three reps followed by 100-pound keg for as many in time left. 90 second time limit.
4) Atlas Stones: 115, 175, 200 & 240. 90 second time limit.
5) SUV Deadlift.: 350 pounds 60 second time limit.
6) Medley: 125-pound farmers walk for 50 feet / 300-pound Tire Flip for 50 feet / Power stairs with 150, 200 and 250 implements Two-minute time limit.
List of Event Order:
- LADIES Truck Pull.
- MENS Truck Pull.
- LADIES Zercher Yoke Carry
- MENS Conan’s Wheel.
- LADIES Pressing Medley.
- MENS Hercules Hold.
- LADIES Stones
- MENS Stones
- LADIES SUV Deadlift
- MENS Farmer’s Walk
- LADIES medley
- MENS medley
Balment Park between the Western Financial Place and the Skatepark
Baker Street and 17th Ave N
Cranbrook British Columbia